Monday, February 2, 2015

Fill Me Up... a new song for me


This morning, one of my J-term classmates introduced me to a new song, "Fill Me Up".  Over the phone she shared with me some of the song's lyrics: "You provide the fire, I'll provide the sacrifice."  Wow.  Intrigued, I asked for more, so she sent me a link to the song on YouTube.

The lyrics:

You provide the fire
I'll provide the sacrifice
You provide the spirit
And I will open up inside
Fill me up God
Fill me up God
Fill me up God
Fill me up
Love of God
Overflow
Permeate
All my soul
Fill me up
Till i overflow
I want to run over
I want to run over

Casey J sings the song here: (this is the link my classmate sent)


Check out Casey J's website that is above the video.  "Fill Me Up" by Will Reagan is her first single.  She has an incredible voice.  She is from the Atlanta, GA area.  

Jesus Culture also records the song:


It was written by Will Reagan of the United Pursuit Band:





As I read information about the band, I learned they live in Knoxville, TN together in community.  That's pretty cool.  They are kingdom living.  They started recording in 2008 and have produced several recordings.  You can learn more about them at the link above the video (embedded in their name).  You can join United Pursuit in worship on their live streaming site.

You can find others who have covered the song too, such as Tasha Cobbs and Kim Walker (of Jesus Culture).  Check it out.  Find a version that suits you.  Find the chords and learn to play it if you play guitar..... or the notes if you play piano.... or learn to sing it.

"Fill Me Up" is one of those songs that allows me to surrender to God, to focus on God, to experience the love and presence of God.  When I am hungry and thirsty spiritually, I have a new resource that will allow me to be filled.

This song might not be for everyone, but I share it just in case.

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment