Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Our God Saves-- Paul Baloche. Another song with a Trinitarian message.

This morning I heard these words on the radio:  "in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son, in the name of the Spirit" and my ears perked up.  A contemporary song with a Trinitarian message. 

Ever since we were challenged in our worship class (WO 510) to listen for / to pick out contemporary songs with a Trinitarian message, I've heard almost a handful.  As I was looking for the lyrics for this song, "Our God Saves", I found a link that listed songs with a Trinity theme.  I was shocked and surprised to find 295 songs on that list.  Does that shock or surprise you?  Check it out: Songs with Trinity Theme.

I am fairly certain I've heard "Our God Saves" before today.  I've heard the artist's name before too, Paul Baloche, but he isn't someone with whom I'm very familiar.  This song is from the Our God Saves album (2007).

Yet, I'm familiar with his songs.  It turns out that he has written quite a few songs I know, some of which are: "Open the Eyes of My Heart", "Above All", and is co-author of "A New Hallelujah".

                                            OUR GOD SAVES with scenery from Brazil

                                            OUR GOD SAVES-- live with interview

Lyrics and chords:

Verse 1                             D
In the name of the Father, in the name of the Son
                            Gmaj7
In the name of the Spirit Lord we come
               Bm
Gathered together to lift up your name
                         Gmaj7
To call on our Saviour, to fall on your grace

Pre-Chorus
                D
Hear the joyful sound of our offering
                A
As your saints bow down, as your people sing
            Bm7
We will rise with you, lifted on your wings
            G2
And the world will see that...

Chorus
                D                    A
Our God saves, our God saves
              Bm7                  G2
There is hope in Your name
              D                        A
Morning turns to songs of praise
               Bm7                        G2
Our God saves, Our God saves

Checking into Paul Baloche, I learned that he sings some in French.  For those who speak French and/or are learning French, check out this link to 3 worship songs in French: Sing French with Paul Baloche.

You can also check out Paul Baloche on MySpace for music, etc.

As usual, a song on the radio has taken me deeper.  Not only has it spoken to me spiritually and ministered to me, but it has allowed me to go deeper in exploration and learning.  In my exploration this afternoon, I found several "who knew?" gems.

I hope you find something here that allows you to go deeper in some aspect on your journey. 

Blessings as you travel this adventurous life!

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment